Trial attorney Daniel DeWoskin has tried many cases dealing with charges as minor as simple traffic offenses to cases involving charges of murder, rape, aggravated assault, burglary, domestic violence, child molestation, armed robbery, fraud, trafficking, and other drug charges.
The below listed results in past cases do not guarantee future results! Each case must be evaluated taking into consideration their own individual facts and legal issues.
- Rape – Never Charged. Client was accused of rape. Client had no history of any sexual assault or other violence. Through very proactive investigation, we were able to resolve case without client even being arrested.
- Theft by Shoplifting – Dismissed. Client was charged with taking sunglasses from a department store and made admissions to store employees and police upon getting caught. Case was negotiated with prosecutor and Client’s charges were dismissed after completion of community service.
- Trafficking in MDMA (Ecstasy) – Dismissed. Client was driver of a vehicle with nearly 1600 pills of MDMA. There were two other people in the vehicle and Client was unaware of the presence of the drugs despite it being her rental car. After thorough investigation and preparation of the case for trial, all charges against Client were dismissed.
- DUI, Speeding – Acquittal by Jury. DUI Task Force officer pulled client over for speeding. Client performed field sobriety tests such as walk and turn, one leg stand, and horizontal gaze nystagmus (HGN). Client was arrested and asked to submit to breathalyzer, which she refused. State was unwilling to reduce DUI to reckless driving and Client exercised her right to a jury trial. Jury acquitted on DUI charge.
- DUI – Reduced. Client was stopped at a roadside safety check, or a roadblock, which was manned by Georgia Department of Public Safety Officers. Client had been working all night and exhibited symptoms related to his heart condition, such as profuse sweating and mild confusion. Officers interpreted these symptoms as intoxication by drugs. Through negotiation with prosecutor, charge was reduced to reckless driving. Client did not have to take DUI Risk Reduction Class or perform any community service.
- Simple Battery Family Violence (DV) – Dismissed. Client was charged with physically assaulting her boyfriend in her home. Client did not have any criminal history, but statements had been made by both parties to police. Client’s charges were completely dismissed upon completion of an anger management class.
- Pandering – Reduced. Undercover police officer arrested Client for offering money in exchange for sex. Client denied the facts as recorded in the police statement and was confident in taking the matter to trial. However, after negotiation with State, Client pleaded no contest to a charge of disorderly conduct and case was resolved with only the payment of a fine.